Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Clarity

There's a lot to be said for clarity. Take, for instance, this error message I got today at work:


I wasn't quite sure what to say... I hit Yes and it didn't crash my computer, so I think it was the right choice.

Now that I'm back from my retreat, I'm approaching life with a little more clarity and a little more vision. I'm starting to get a sense of what God has planned for me, and I find myself - strangely - to be a willing participant.

In my earlier years, when God would reveal snippets of his plan for me, I would often balk and delay and distract myself, but I think the main fruit of this past weekend is a more immediate acceptance of his instruction.

I don't feel the time is right to blog about what I perceive this most recent direction to be. It is, of course, a worthy objective. It is also one which - had I been asked even a week ago - I would have rejected.

I don't have much else to say right now... the Middle East is a mess, the NDP won another majority in Manitoba, Stephen Harper is abandoning his roots as a libertarian... nothing else really seems worth spending my time on after this weekend.

Please keep me in your prayers as I discern this through.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the "Please rephrase in the form of a question" button when you need it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you dear, and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good, sometimes, not to tell too soon. I've found that something is lost in the telling when we speak before we should. God bless you silence.

    O
    luminousmiseries.ca
    onionboy.ca

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.