Sunday, March 11, 2007

Baby Coming

I've been kicked out of my office. This isn't as bad as it sounds; currently I'm set up in the basement, and the introvert in me is going to love it down here.

Over the next few days/weeks, I'll be transforming the room of which Trebler once commented while visiting, "So this is where the blog magic happens," into a light-green haven of babyness.

My wife is due April 5, and it's starting to click in with me (and her) that the house is about to get tossed upside down again. It's hard, it's frustrating, it's a strain on the marriage, but I love every minute of it. The joy of bringing new life into the world and seeing this tiny little soul develop is irreplaceable.

It wasn't that long ago that our youngest was born, and today she made us all laugh with a 3 minute babbling prayer before supper. A few of her words were unintelligible, but most were easy - thank you for my blankie, thank you for the chicken, thank you for the table... it was priceless. The next-oldest added a prayer for the poor to have the food they need, and the eldest one made a perfect sign of the cross.

I can still remember holding our first girl hours after she was born. Mommy was sleeping and I was sitting in the rocking chair in the birthing room, cuddling my new little creation in my arms. A nurse had given her to me, and nobody told me that I was free to put her down in the crib. My arms got really tired & sore, but I didn't mind - I just kept holding her and holding her for hours, until the same nurse looked at me funny and told me I could put her down if I wanted.

Now we're approaching number four (number five, counting Rachel).

God, I love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.