Friday, March 17, 2006

Emotion

So at work they just finished a round of promotions. I need some help with the math here... where's my calculator? Ah, here it is. Let's see:

50 candidates in the initial selection pool
19 made it past the first interview (including me)

Ok, so that's 31 that are out. But I'm still in it. Great.

There were 8 positions... ok, I'm with you so far.
Meeting with the bosses... you say I ranked in the top half of the 19? Great, so in the top 9.5...

9.5
-8.0
-----
1.5

Oh, I see... I didn't get the job...

Sometimes you just wanna cut and run from corporate life and become a carpenter.

But cancel the pity party. I'm a tough guy.

Sigh.

Ya really gotta feel sorry for that half-guy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, but must be on topic. Spam, hateful/obscene remarks, and shameless self-promotion will be unceremoniously deleted. Well, OK, I might put on a little ceremony when I delete them.